Good news on tumor markers

Sorry to be slow in reporting the good news, but I have had extremely low energy for the past ten days, which is why I haven't blogged much.

Last week's labs showed a decrease of more than 40 points in my tumor markers, now below 200 for the first time in a long time. Yay!

Dr G says my feet are "barely tolerable" but we agreed on a new regimen. I will have two weeks off between Xeloda cycles. As of today it's been one week and my feet are a little better, my hands too. I hope that an additional week without therapy will help.

The diarrhea has stopped but it lasted for about a week.

A friend came across the idea of using henna to aid in Hand-Foot Syndrome. The Pub Med article is here. Monique Doyle Spencer, who has used henna successfully to treat her HFS, posted about it in her blog, http://xelodasideeffects.blogspot.com.

The fatigue continues to knock me down. Yesterday I took and morning nap, went to my support group, and took an afternoon nap afterwards. Today I slept until 11 AM, missing a meeting, and I'm ready for another snooze now. I don't have much energy for house chores, except laundry, but Rik has picked up making dinner, shopping, and much more.

I hope this additional week off Xeloda will help restore energy as well as give me more comfort in walking. I'm getting very good use out of my bright pink UGG bedroom slippers, the only things I can tolerate walking in!